Monday, August 19, 2013

Do you know a woman named Rowena ?




When going out of town, the most important thing before heading back to the city is the “Pasalubong”. It’s usually sweet treats from the locals. Here in Tagaytay, the famous pasalubong is the Buko Pie. There are 


stores here in there claiming to be the best in town. There are also peddlers. Our favorite stop over for pasalubong is Rowena’s. Rowena’s is not only a delicacy store, it’s also a restaurant. There’s ample parking with a security guard to assist you. The store itself has a touch of refinement, there’s a certain flair, then 



there’s this extensive assortment of goodies ! Shelves upon shelves of mouth watering pastries, pies & tartlets, this my friends is what Pie Heaven looks like ! 



Of course no. 1 in our pasalubong list  is the buko pie. Unlike the other variants you could buy from also a prominent shop here in Tagaytay, Rowena’s buko pie is not starchy, nor floury. It tastes of milk & coconut. 

And speaking of coconut, the coconut meat in not blended into unrecognition LOL it’s in fillets. Every bite gives you a chunk.

 Now the Sylvanias, I love Sylvanias, I love it more than Brazo de Mercedez or Sanrival.


There’s just a melt in your mouth happiness to it, despite it being whole in it’s look, the bite is so soft. My husband tells me that’s because of all the butter I am getting into my system, sinful pleasures what can I say. 


And for the rest of the hopeful family members waiting for our return from our retreat, since it's so hard to chose, I think the best choice would be ALL OF THE ABOVE hehehe, a little of everything !






No comments:

Post a Comment